BEST Valentine’s Day gift EVER- my Nume 32mm Magic Wand. Whoa- I know what you’re thinking and you need to get your mind out of the gutter, would ya? I’m obviously talking about a curling wand, for your hair; I mean what else would I be talking about, ha ha. My amazing hubby got me this pretty gem this past Valentine’s Day and I’m in love (with him too of course). This curling wand is so easy to use and knocks out a head full of curls in half the time most curling irons take to heat up. Plus, the curls last all day (and the next day and the day after that). If you have stubborn to curl hair (like me), then you will LOVE this wand as much as I do. It is a little pricey, but so worth the cost.
So, without further adieu…
Styling Step by Step
1. This technique works best when you separate your hair into smaller one inch sections. The size of the section affects the size of the curl. If you want tighter curls, use smaller sections. If you want big, loose curls, use larger sections.
2. Hold the wand at a downward angle and wrap the sections of hair around the wand. You hair should be near the base of the wand and wrapped away from your face. Hold hair in place for about ten seconds and then slip the wand out of the curl. Once you have curled your entire head of hair, let the curls set. Note: If you are curling sections of hair you will want to hold your hair in place for about fifteen seconds.
3. Once your hair has cooled, place a nickel size amount of texture paste on the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together. Flip your head upside down and scrunch the ends of your hair. Once you have scrunched the ends of your hair, flip your head upright and run your fingers through the ends of your hair.
4. Set your style with a volumizing hairspray.
5. Say hello to your Victoria’s Secret supermodel hair, throw on some pumps, shake what your mama gave you and conquer the world.